Spiritual Principals of Reiki
While treatments and initiations flow into the body, the spiritual precepts flow into the mind. The precepts are not so much as rules to live by, but a way to stimulate a questioning on serving of how to live freely. Living and using daily reminds us of how to have inner peace, joy and honor with oneself and others. The process of non-attachment is an active force naturally moving us through our own unique evolutionary process in personal growth and spiritual development.
Just for today, do not worry.
Just for today, do not anger.
Honor your parents, teachers, and elders.
Earn your living honestly.
Show gratitude to every living thing.
There are many ways to interpret the fundamental truth. We simply use them to serve as one’s moral compass to correct behaviors and attitudes in the present that allows us to adjust an old system of belief and behavior for a better chain of reasoning to form maturation. These are reminders on how to stay in alignment with our own best qualities that would include...
- Creating right relations within yourself and others.
- Making things right with your Self first.
- Willingness to accept who you are in the present moment.
- Willingness to act with complete honesty, integrity and respect for all.
- Willingness to release and heal individual, family and community wounds, even those you’ve carried in your DNA for generations.
- Embrace that which is authentic within.
- Recognition that you are not a separate individual, that you are one embodiment of life in harmony with all life.
The combination of treatments, training, and precepts redefines and actualizes freedom, purpose, self-reliance, and personal power from within.